New Years Resolutions 2016
We’re halfway through January but it’s never too late to make new goals!
Big changes are happening this year. I’m finally going to graduate and I will have a real full time job with the career I have in mind, a legal drug dealer LMAO.
One of my biggest goal is to find a daily routine that works for me. Call me boring or old fashioned, but a routine works for me. I like planning my day and knowing what I have to do that day. If there’s a day off, I need to know when those are and what I can do with them. This way, I can plan out my workouts because life has not been consistent lately and I haven’t found much time to go to the gym.
With that said, some of these may be the same as another year.
- Less gaming. There were definitely times last year where I felt like I was addicted to playing League. I would spend 15 hours a day grinding away for days or even weeks at a time. So the plan this year is to play in moderation!
- Focus on my career. I will be just starting my job and I want to make sure I have a solid foundation. I’m not going to know everything but I hope to be a great pharmacist and hope to know as much as I can in order to be the best that I can.
- Read. My gosh. There were so many chances I had this year to read. If I took out all the times I spent playing video games, I would’ve read so many books.
- Be a planner. Now that I’m not in school anymore and just doing rotations, I don’t feel the need to plan things out. I have projects and presentations creeping but they’re manageable. I definitely want to get in the routine of planning my days out ahead of time and make sure I know what needs to be done for the day. Otherwise, I feel like it’s wasted. For instance, I wanted this done weeks ago. But I’ve been REWATCHING movies and playing games 😀
- Socialize. No longer on campus and I no longer see friends on a daily basis. If there are opportunities to go out, I need to take advantage of those. Basically I need to be out there more often. But as an introvert, talking to people takes energy. XD
- Workout. I’ve been on and off for 5 years but that is just part of life. Understand that there are setbacks and continue to find the drive and motivation to be at the top of my game.
Short list but that’s all I can think of.
Last year, one of the things on the list was to write good things that happened throughout the year. It went well for the first 6 months then I went on my trip and basically everything in life was real good and I stopped doing it because there were too many things to write down. It helped me appreciate the good things in life and to take note of them.
Lastly, I met this girl……. She’s an interesting one. 🙂 We’re going on our 3rd date tmw to go snowboarding. It’ll be my first time but she’s a veteran haha. More updates on another post when I get to know her better 🙂