New Years Resolutions
Last year I made new years resolutions and I will continue to do this as this is a tradition for myself.
There are a few things I did do!
I continued to lifted and made PRs.
I did get an internship doing medrec this summer! So I’m real proud of that.
I didn’t get to dance as much as I would’ve liked, but I did do some and it was a lot of fun 🙂
I didn’t get to read 😦 I must pick up a book and get to reading!
I did go on an adventure! I went to a spring break outreach in Lincoln City. I made new friends, went bouldering and met people way out in NE portland.
So some New Years Resolutions I want to have for myself in this upcoming year:
1. Have a container and I will write happy things such as accomplishments or feelings and put it in the container. After the year is up, I want to review these things in 2015 and look back at all the good stuff.
2. Focus on school! I’ve been playing so much games lately that I need to bring it back together and focus on my education.
3. Have an open heart. I’ve been a bit bitter this year over school (mainly medchem) because I could never get anything higher than a C. But I shouldn’t let it damper my spirit. I want to be a nicer person (I think I am a pretty nice guy already) and be more open to people.
4. Wake up with an open mind and a positive attitude every day. I’m actually doing pretty good with this, but it’s always good to have it listed down as a goal to keep me accountable.
5. READ! There’s so much good that comes from reading. I need to do it.
6. Pray more. I do almost every night, but I feel I should be praying throughout the day. I want to leave him with all my worries and doubts and hold on to hope. I think a better goal is to go to church more.
I think that’s a good list. I know lifting isn’t on there but I want to make it a smaller focus because I’m coming up on graduation and education is highly important to me. That doesn’t mean I will stop lifting, it just means that priorities are changed.